Things I love about the Sony RX100 IV — the camera that is almost always in my pocket:
- The size. I love that the telephoto lens collapses compactly. Plus? no large buttons sticking out to get snagged on things.
- Articulating screen. Goes all sorts of directions for low, high shots and self-facing shots.
- WiFi connection to smartphone. It’s a little fuddy, and I don’t use it terribly often, but it’s a great feature when you’re out and about and want to share.
- Image quality. I had the first generation and it was very, very, very good. This one is just a bit better.
Room for improvement:
- Focus adjustment. I don’t like the focusing system and prefer to use the Olympus OM-D for more intentional photography because it’s so much better at selecting a focus point.
I figure having a separate device for shooting photos has numbered days, but it’s still a part of my desire to capture a moment. For now? This Sony scratches the itch quite nicely.
* This photo was taken with an iPhone 6 ;-)